Ever notice that as you get older, the years go by quicker and quicker? This year has gone by in the blink of an eye, and quite reluctantly I say goodbye to 21 and hello to 22.
It has been a great year though, one of major growings-up! Graduating University, finally moving out of East London, modelling full time, with some incredible achievements along the way I am really proud of. This post is to remember the year I was 21!
We had a family dinner at Hawksmoor (restaurant God of steak and lobster) - this year repeated at Medlar.
I got a beautiful Michael Kors watch for my 21st which I have somehow managed to keep hold of and only lose once (to be returned to me by some blessed stranger in the gym who handed it in - thank you!)
Had my actual birthday frolicking around London..
A beautiful, really thoughtful present from Dima which has sparked a thousand (and more) pictures..
A Pyjama Party celebration at Mahiki..
And some more food at Medlar! (November = birthday month)
Some achievements this year include...
- setting up the Queen Mary Chess Society! I can't believe we actually did this, and it's really nice that we have left something behind at QM for future generations :') We even had a harry potter themed chess event!
- Joining and competing in Cheerleading - something I never ever in a million zillion years thought I would be able to do! My talents now include lifting up a human and throwing them into the air, and handstands! The competition was one of the best days of my life :)
- succeeding in my fitness goals and as a result being on ASOS - one of my dream jobs! This took two months of healthy eating and exercise during my exams and was VERY tough, but I'm so proud that I managed to do it!
- getting a Missguided campaign! Definitely one of my favourite shoots :)
- graduating! Finally finishing my law degree after three long years filled with more studying than I thought imaginable, learning lots along the way not much of which I can remember now! I was so happy to graduate with a 2.1 and excellent grades in my final year, it makes it all seem worth it. (Followed by an amazing dinner at Duck & Waffle, and Charlie & The Chocolate Factory)
- shooting my first campaign for JD Sports which was in their shops, in the freezing cold in December running around London from 6-6!
- Walking in London Fashion Week
- embracing running: I truly hate running. But back in May, I had to start. I remember feeling ecstatic at 'running' (with regular walking breaks) at 10 minutes, I recently ran for one hour and felt amazing! I try to run everyday now for at least 20 minutes and it has really become a part of my lifestyle rather than torture (most days!)
Some travels this year include..
- going to absolute heaven on earth, Barbados - the best holiday I have ever and probably will ever go on!
(Managing to surf first time!)
- Amsterdam with some friends, for an unforgettable break!
- Brighton with the boyfriend
- Croatia - one of my favourite holidays ever, in a beautiful place with incredible food and people and fun!
- returning to Cyprus with my best friend Katherine for a lovely post exam sun filled holiday!
- Brussels with Dima for lots and lots of chocolate! And to celebrate our four year anniversary - never been happier :)
- St Albans - not exactly travelling far, but a really lovely place and I'm so happy my family moved down closer to London!
Some memories this year include..
- Christmas parties at Nicola's!
- meeting the Londoner (this is super sad but super relevant) at Bodos Schloss - also a memory filled place as we frequented it every week for some incredible schnitzel and strudel!
- the Law Ball, the first time I have seen Nicola ever drunk - hilarious! We were also on a boat on the thames which made it 10x funnier.
- a ridiculous Lord of the Rings Day complete with seven courses, three full length movies and a loooong food coma.
- interning with my best friend Lisa at Office Pantry, and at Sauce Communications for PR. Both great experiences, where I learned a lot!
- moving in with Dima after 4 years of pure happiness, finally we are officially living together and it is amazing!
There is obviously so much more than even could be put into one post, but I truly had an amazing year of being 21! 22 doesn't sound as good, but at least I can finally play this song all day everyday!